microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Distributing components with application

ramesh

7/10/2006 2:42:00 PM

Hi all,

Could any one help me out that how can I ship additional components
with my .net 1.1 windows application. The components will only be
installed if they are not installed already. The setup MSI has to be
initiated only once and all prerequisite should be installed.

I want to ship .Net Framework 1.1 and WSE 2.0 msi with my application
setup.

- Ramesh

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

If you have dependencies that aren't handled by the built-in Visual Studio
2005 bootstrapper take a look at the bootstrap manifest generator:
http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=ddb4f08c-7d7c-4f44-a009-ea...

or this:

http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/dotNetIns...

--