microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Query regarding localization of MSI

prashanth.hegde@robosoftin.com

7/8/2006 2:23:00 PM

Hello All,

We hope this is the right group for our queries.

We are implementing an MSI Installer using Visual studio .Net 2003. We
have the following requirements. The MSI installer should support 14
different languages. Based on the current OS language, the installer
should display its UI in the corresponding language. A single installer
should serve this purpose and we have been asked not to create multiple
installers (one for each language) to achieve this. Could anyone please
guide us on how to achieve this? The following are out observations:

1) The Application->Properties windows has an entry for 'localization'
support. This combo box contains only nine languages. Other that these,
we need to support five more languages. Could you please let us know
how to achieve this?

2) Only one language can be selected from the 'localization' combo box
at a time. So, the compiled MSI installer will support only one
language. This option will lead to nine different installers (each of
them in a different language), which is not our requirement. We require
a single installer that supports all the 14 languages.

Could anyone please guide us in the right direction? Any help will be
deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Prashanth.

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

You should post the *same* message into several groups at the same time
instead of duplicating this message at least five times into different
groups.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]