(Arpan De)

7/7/2006 11:27:00 PM

I want to create ASP.NET applications (websites) on Win2K Pro (SP4) &
WinXP Pro (SP2) machines (using IIS 5.0). To install the .NET
Framework, I had been to the Microsoft website but am getting confused
which is the latest .NET Framework version - is it .NET Framework 1.1
(which can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B3A2CA6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&disp...
- 106.2MB) or .NET Framework 2.0 (which can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=fe6f2099-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec&disp...
- 354MB)? Which one should I download & install? Also v2.0 has 3
versions - x86, x64 & IA64
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/default.aspx#.NET%20Framework%202.0%20Beta%20SDK%20and%20Redis...).
How do I find out which one of these 3 versions should I download &
install (assuming that I have to install v2.0)?

Also what are these redistributable packages? Should they be downloaded
& installed as well along with the .NET Framework (whatever be the
version)?

Thanks,

Arpan