microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

.NET frameword application

Pitaridis Aristotelis

7/1/2006 8:43:00 AM

Can someone tell me if there is a way to install manually the required .NET
frameword files in order to work a .NET application.

Aristotelis

3 Answers

Phil Wilson

That's what this is, the redistributable to run .NET apps:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&disp...

Other redists here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/de...
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]

"Aristotelis Pitaridis" <pitaridis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me if there is a way to install manually the required
> .NET frameword files in order to work a .NET application.
>
> Aristotelis

Pitaridis Aristotelis

I asked if there is a way to install manually the required .NET frameword
files in order to work a .NET application. The reason that I ask this is
that I could create a custom setup so that my application will work without
the need of installing the complete .NET framework

Aristotelis

Ï "Phil Wilson" <pdjwilson@nospam.cox.net> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá

> That's what this is, the redistributable to run .NET apps:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&disp...
>
> Other redists here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates/de...
> --
> Phil Wilson
> [Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]
>
> "Aristotelis Pitaridis" <pitaridis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone tell me if there is a way to install manually the required
>> .NET frameword files in order to work a .NET application.
>>
>> Aristotelis

Phil Wilson

I doesn't work like that. You're supposed to install the framework using
those redists. I thought that by "manually" you meant manually running
something as opposed to having it automatically installed by (say) a
bootstrapper. AFAIK there is no supported way to pick and choose the pieces
of the framework that your app needs.