microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

ClickOnce generates Blue screen on Windows XP

Martin Ljungqvist

I have run into a problem with my latest clickonce setup.

After publishing the solution my computer will get a stop message (blue
screen).

I have located the problem to the manifest file, if I remove the manifest
file and run the compiled files in \bin\release it works fine. If I run the
application with the manifest file in place, I will get a stop message
(c000021a - Fatal system error).

I have tested to run the build on three different Windows XP SP2 systems and
all of them generate the same stop message, but on the W2K systems it works
fine, even the ClickOnce setup works fine on W2K machines. All systems run on
standard Dell machines.

I can build the solution on my developer machine (XP), but after I have
built it I can not debug/run the solution without getting the stop message (I
have to remove the manifest file and disable signing).

The solution has two projects, one WinForm project (full trust) and a class
library)
Using Dundas, Microsoft ReportViewer and Janus components.
Singed with a trusted cert from our CA.
C#, VS2005 (8.0.50727.42)

The problem seems to be with the signing and only on Win XP, and itâ??s
generates a stop messageâ?¦.!

Anyone experienced something like this (have googled but didnâ??t find anything)

Regars Martin Ljungqvist