microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

An error occurred while validating. HRESULT = '80004005'

Swati

6/19/2006 4:47:00 AM

Hello All,

I am a niewbie to set up project. My aim is to create the set up project for
the windows application.

I have added the windows application project in the set up solution and
trying to build the saetup project but getting the follwoing error

An error occurred while validating. HRESULT = '80004005'
D:\Projects\Setup\Setup.vdproj

Can anybody guide mregarding the error?

An urgent help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Swati

5 Answers

Dan.Handevik

Hi there,
I got the same error message and it originated from one of the projects
(call it A) that I had added to my setup (call it S).
The project compiled nicely but the setup just threw these 80004005 at
me.

I found the cause though. In the project A I had a reference to a
project (call it B) that I had removed from my solution.
The strange thing is that i could Compile project A without any
errors...
When I removed the reference to project B from project A, I could
compile the Setup.(S).

Hope it helps,
Regards
/Dan

Swati skrev:

> Hello All,
>
> I am a niewbie to set up project. My aim is to create the set up project for
> the windows application.
>
> I have added the windows application project in the set up solution and
> trying to build the saetup project but getting the follwoing error
>
> An error occurred while validating. HRESULT = '80004005'
> D:\Projects\Setup\Setup.vdproj
>
> Can anybody guide mregarding the error?
>
> An urgent help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Swati

Nagaswetha babu

hi swati,

i too gort same problem while validating.HRESULT=80004005,
How could u solve it.

Can anybody guide me regarding this.

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Dan.Handevik

one tip is to remove the project ouputs from the setup and add one at
the time until you notice which one that gives the error. Then you have
to look at that project and see if some reference or something else is
wrong...

Good luck
/Dan

Nagaswetha babu skrev:

> hi swati,
>
> i too gort same problem while validating.HRESULT=80004005,
> How could u solve it.
>
> Can anybody guide me regarding this.

> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Shawn Jackson

I got this same error, and could fix it with the solution indicated - it
was indeed a missing dependency in one of the projects.

To pinpoint the source of the problem, you could:

- Remove all projects references from your setup
- Add them back one by one, building each time
- For the project(s) that break, look at the reference list, and try to
find a reference to a project that is not in the solution.
- Remove those, reinsert into the setup and build

I guess a reason why a project would still build (but cause setup
problems) despite the lack of a reference is that the reference is not
actually used within the project. In other words, if project A includes
an invalid reference to B, but never makes use of any of B's resources,
no complaints willbe issued (until the setup is built).

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

muddsair sharif

it is simple plz remove the refrence of previous solution from
referance folder.

if u does not remove then again mail me on my address i wil tell u in
detail.

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***