microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Multiple directory web setup project

Mike

6/16/2006 5:11:00 PM

Greetings. I've been spinning on this for a while. Hopefully someone has some
ideas.

I have a working web setup project that installs a web app plus 4 VDs of web
services. Problem happens when I want to install to something other than
c:\inetput\wwwroot\...

If I specify a different folder, my content files are not copied there. Or
any files that I have manually added to the project. Project output files are
ok. The 'Folder' option cannot be modified on a file in the File System
editor to be a user-specified location, just a user-specified VD name (if
that makes sense). What I need is to be able to put a variable name in as the
folder instead of a hard folder name.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Answer

Mike

I should be clearer.

The problem is with non-project output files in virtual directories other
than the default 'Web application folder'. These files will not install to
any location other than the folder specified at design time. I.E.
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx. Even if I specify via textbox a different install
location, these files go to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx, while the other files
(project outputs, etc), go to the new location.

This is using VS 2003.

I'm starting to think I'll end up with a separate setup project for each
virtual directory.

Regards,
Mike