microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

.NET setup shortcut keeps reinstalling

news.microsoft.com

5/24/2006 6:49:00 AM

Hello

I've recently updated my setup project adding some folder and files to
'Application Folder'.
After installing such setup and clicking on shortcut being added to
menu, it keeps reinstalling and I don't know how to get rid of this ?
The strange thing is that, after rolling back changes in setup project,
it still keeps reinstalling.
How can I check what is the cause of resintallation ?

Best regerads

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

My guess is that you installed it on top of somthing else, your prior
version maybe, and broke it. See if this helps:

http://installsite.org/pages/en/msifaq/...
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]