microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Setup Project to set application's user settings?

Grant Schenck

5/18/2006 2:02:00 PM

Hello,

How can I set some of my application's user settings at setup time? I see I
can set registry variables but I can't find any obvious way to set an
application's user settings. This is from C# .NET 2005.

Thanks
--
Grant Schenck

2 Answers

Phil Wilson

Do you mean .config files?
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----
"Grant Schenck" <schenckg@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How can I set some of my application's user settings at setup time? I see
> I can set registry variables but I can't find any obvious way to set an
> application's user settings. This is from C# .NET 2005.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Grant Schenck

2Drunk2Funk

I also have same question, .net uses .config files for settings yet I
cannot see a method with setup project to allow the settings to be
configured.

I have the same issue with VS2003 and VS2005

Is there some way of doing this or a 3rd party tool to perform it?

Seems an oversite by MS tbh

--
2Drunk2Funk