microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Installer class to install plain exe written in C

arungandhi

5/16/2006 11:05:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

I want to write a custom installer to install a exe written in C
language. Is it possible? The installer needs to perform some tasks
before it install the exe.

Please help.

Thanks

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

Setup and Deployment projects aren't specific to .NET languages. Also, MSI
files were around before .NET came along, and setup projects generate MSI
files as do a bunch of other tools.
http://installsite.org/pages/en/msi/aut...

So just do a setup&deployment project for your C exe. The rest depends on
the tasks you mention, and what they are.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]