microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Cannot install .NET Framework 2.0

Thomas Schachtner

5/13/2006 8:31:00 AM

Hi there,

I wanted to install Visual Studio C# Express and therefore had to
install .NET Framework 2.0 in advance.
As I already had an existing (Beta)version of .NET Framework 2.0
installed I removed that first.
But now I am not able to install it again.
The program crashes, I can send an error report to Microsoft and after
that the installer shows a message. As this message is in German, I
translate it here - maybe it looks slightly different on an English
system. But I already tried to install the English version and that
didn't work either.

English (translated):
"2Unknown Error. You can find details in the log file. Additional
information are available at the following web site:
Product Support Center"

German:
"2Unbekannter Fehler. Einzelheiten entnehmen Sie der Protokolldatei.
Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf folgender Website:
Produktsupportcenter"

Any clues?

Best regards,
Thomas