microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

ClickOnce with FrameWork 1.1 Applications

PROCOS

5/2/2006 11:57:00 AM

We have a large software suite (> 200 installation files + resource dlls)
witch is written for framework 1.1. We use a 3 tier approach and remoting.
Deployment is always a big issue for our customers and therefore ClickOnce
would be an excellent solution. So my questions:

1) Is ClickOnce doing well with a large number of installation files? Will
it only update single files if the changed?
2) Most important: Has the software to be written for framework 2.0 in order
to use ClickOnce? Or could our clients install Framework 1.1 AND Framework
2.0, using 1.1 to run the software and 2.0 just to support ClickOnce? The
reason is that we are not ready yet to migrate our software to 2.0 but we
would already start to use ClickOnce.

Thanks