microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

HELP!: Cannot install ANY version of the .NET Framework!

Collin Erickson

4/26/2006 7:38:00 AM

To anyone who can help,

I am trying to install Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 on a new PC but
requires the .NET 1.0 (even though I have 1.1 and 2.0 installed at the
same time).

However, I got an error message that said ".NET installation ended
prematurely" and could not continue. I tried uninstalling .NET 1.1
and 2.0 from my system but still no luck!

I even consulted article KB839547 titled "You may receive an 'Error 1935' error
message when you use the Netfx.msi Windows Installer package to install the .NET
Framework 1.1" and followed its instructions carefully but still no use!

It seems as though a little of everything--even the simplest tasks are
getting a little TOO complicated and frustrating lately.

Is there an ultimate solution to this problem as there seems to be no
update for the so-called 'fusion.dll' file that seems to be causing the
problem?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated! Thank you.

Collin