microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Deployment: Add file to all users Application Data folder

robertblixt

4/24/2006 7:41:00 AM

Hello,

How is it possible to add a file to all existing users
application data\myApp\someFile.zzz.

I am using an ordinary setup project.

I can add to the "User's Application Data Folder",
in the File View. But I can't seem to find a special
folder for all users.

Is this possible??

Kind Regards,
Robert

3 Answers

robertblixt

And another related question.. The setup project is
installing a Windows service. How can I make sure
that I install the someFile.zzz above on the same user
that the service is running on?

Regards,
Robert

robertblixt

After further digging I found the answer for the first
question, the "CommonAppDataFolder" system setting
will install for all users.