microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Missing files on .Net 2.0 (redistributable?

LuDean Marvin

4/15/2006 8:55:00 PM

When Norton Utilities does it's periodic system checkup, it finds 10
"missing" files:

AppLaunch.exe
aspnet_regiis.exe
aspnet_state.exe
asp_wp.exe
csc.exe
cvtres.exe
ilasm.exe
mscorsvw.exe
ngen.exe
vbc.exe

They appear to be assocated with .Net Framework 2.0. Attempts by Norton to
correct the problem is never successful. So far I have not noticed that any
programs are failing to run because of it, but I really don't know what
programs require it. I may have uninstalled those programs. What would be
the best tack to take in correcting these errors?

LuDean

1 Answer

LuDean Marvin

As it turns out, these files are not the ones missing... all of these files
were unable to find or open: msvcr80.dll