microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

GUI for 2.0 framework config?

Pavel A.

4/11/2006 11:36:00 AM

Sorry for a stupid question... hoping somebody can help me out -
Where is the GUI for .NET 2.0 configuration?

After installing 2.0 runtime on XP SP2 that already has 1.1 framework, I
can not find the 2.0 versions of mscorcfg.msc or other GUI config tools.
The 1.1 stuff still available and works.

How we are supposed to view and edit 2.0 framework 2.0 settings?

Thanks,
-- PA
2 Answers

Otto Havasvölgyi

Pavel,

This tool is packaged into the .NET 2.0 SDK (I don't know why this is
better). You can use caspol command line tool for security configuration,
and gacutil for registering, unregisering assemblies in the GAC.

Best Regards,
Otto

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> az alábbiakat írta a következõ
hírüzenetben: 72A7F36A-34F9-4700-8E23-365CE5C68EE1@microsoft.com...
> Sorry for a stupid question... hoping somebody can help me out -
> Where is the GUI for .NET 2.0 configuration?
>
> After installing 2.0 runtime on XP SP2 that already has 1.1 framework, I
> can not find the 2.0 versions of mscorcfg.msc or other GUI config tools.
> The 1.1 stuff still available and works.
>
> How we are supposed to view and edit 2.0 framework 2.0 settings?
>
> Thanks,
> -- PA

Pavel A.

Thanks a lot, Otto!
I've already found that this tool gets installed on machines with VS2005.
So actually it is the SDK.

--PA