microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Custom Prerequisite packages for IE6, Win2k Sp4, JET 4.0 Sp8

Helen B

4/7/2006 4:25:00 PM

Hello
I'm deploying a winforms app to multiple operating systems, and they might
be in various stages of service packs etc, they may also not have an
internet connection.

So my distributed CD must contain and install ALL the prerequisites it might
need, as I have 1000's of non-IT literate users spread all over the world.
So I have no guarantees about the state of the environments it's being
installed on.

Unless I'm mistaken (please correct me if I'm wrong) this means I need to
include the prerequisite packages for:

- .Net framework 2.0 (which includes Windows Installer 3.1.)

- MDAC 2.8 (for windows 98 - 2000)

And I need to obtain or create custom prerequisite packages for:

- IE 6 Sp1 (5.01 is required, and not there by default on windows 2000).

- Windows 2000 Sp4

- MS JET 4.0 Sp8 (as I use Access and oledb)

Is this correct? Does anyone know where I can get the product.xml files for
these, as I can't be the only person who needs to deploy to multiple
environments?

The one I'm not sure about is JET 4.0 Sp8, as there are different installs
for every OS version - so do I need a custom package for each OS???

If anyone can shed some light on my confusion I'd be very grateful

Thanks