microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

MDAC Prerequisite package

Helen B

4/7/2006 4:25:00 PM

I'm deploying a .net 2.0 winforms app via a setup and deployment project,
into multiple operating systems - 98, 2000, XP.
I need to include the MDAC 2.8 prerequisite for 98 and 2000, as I'm using
the oledb driver.

My question is, is there a bug in the out-the-box MDAC prerequisite package,
as the product.xml file doesn't contain any InstallConditions for checking
the operating system.

And MDAC_TYP.EXE fails with an error if you try to install it on XP.

So surely the product.xml file should check and have an InstallCondition
that bypasses it if it's XP?

Does anyone know where I can find a product xml file that does this? Anybody
that has already tried to include this MDAC preqrequisite and deployed to XP
will have found this problem as well.

The link to the Bootstrap Manifest Generator isn't working at the moment, or
I would write my own. But I can't believe no one else has encountered this
problem already?

Thanks