microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

How can I distribute windows installer 3.1 as a prerequisite?

Helen B

4/6/2006 9:28:00 AM

Hi

I'm not using click-once to deploy my app, I'm using a standard MSI created
via a setup and deployment project in visual studio.net 2005.

Can I specify windows installer 3.1 as a prerequisite or launch condition,
and package it with my msi.

At the moment, when my msi launches, it checks for .Net 2.0 and tellls the
user to go and install it from microsoft if it's not there.

What I want is to include .Net 2.0 and windows installer on my install cd,
and prompt the user to install them.

Can I do this via an msi, or do I need to use something like the
dotNetInstaller bootstrapper on code project?

Thanks to anyone who can help answer,

Phil Wilson

Windows Installer 3.1 is a choice shown if you click the Prerequisites
button after you select the project, Right-click->Properties, and so is the
2.0 FW. Look at the choices of where to get the redist from, same dialog.
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----
"Helen B" <helen@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm not using click-once to deploy my app, I'm using a standard MSI
> created via a setup and deployment project in visual studio.net 2005.
>
> Can I specify windows installer 3.1 as a prerequisite or launch condition,
> and package it with my msi.
>
> At the moment, when my msi launches, it checks for .Net 2.0 and tellls the
> user to go and install it from microsoft if it's not there.
>
> What I want is to include .Net 2.0 and windows installer on my install
> cd, and prompt the user to install them.
>
> Can I do this via an msi, or do I need to use something like the
> dotNetInstaller bootstrapper on code project?
>
> Thanks to anyone who can help answer,

Helen B

Thanks Phil.