microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

custom message box appears behind main dialog box

Oleg

Trying to implemnet a password with custom c-style dll.
as mentioned in :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...
and
http://www.devasp.net/net/search/redirect.asp...

Everything is working except when verification fails by dll, dialog box
appears at the back of main dialog instead of to be in front.

If I make error again in password(PID) message box would appear on top.
And would appear on top on all sequencial messages.

Running .msi found in second link works properly though.

This make me think that some other event kicks in after my custom check and
makes main dialog box active again making message box go behind.
What can cause it? I was trying to do some setings with ORCA, only to no
avail.

Any input would be appreciated,
Oleg

1 Answer

Oleg

I just noticed one thing.
It works fine for a regular Setup project, but misbehaves for Web setup
project.

Any ideas?