microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Version problem with Interop dlls?

Farrukh

4/5/2006 7:13:00 AM

Hi

We have a build process which builds our projects (VS 6 and VS.Net) while
setting the build numbering same and as a result, we get the compiled
binaries with same bulid number schemes.
However, the Interop dll files generated by .Net projects for our COM
objects doesn't follow the same version numbering, instead, these got
1.1.0.0 or 1.0.0.0.

I tried tlbim.exe to generated the Interop manually and it seems to be
working fine along with our version scheme, but I'm not sure if the .Net
assembly (Binary) would use my geneated Interop.

Would it be feasible to manually generate interop dlls using tlbimp.exe?

Thanks
Farrukh

1 Answer

(Mattias Sjögren)

>Would it be feasible to manually generate interop dlls using tlbimp.exe?

Yes, that's what it's meant to do.

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org