microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

.NET Framework 2.0 installation comments

Paul Zimmerman

I wanted to pass along my .NET 2.0 framework installation experience so
others can avoid all the mistakes I made installing "dotnetfx.exe" on
Windows 2003 .net enterprise server (build 3718/evaluation).

After many failed attempts to install the msi directly (see WEB page
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/11/17/4...), I determined
it may be better to upgrade the windows installer to version 3.1. This
effort required following tech note
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;907749#XSLTH313612112412....
Ultimately I was able to install the framework although the installation log
did reveal a 1931 error.

After installation I executed aspnet_regiis -lv and was informed of a
"valid" 2.0 installation.
Cheers!

Paul

11 Answers

Zeke

rawbylaw <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote:
> Yup, it's a sign of change, of change in the elecotrate, more and
> more folks not baseing their votes on some silly notion of which
> candidate they'd like have a beer with but, rather on which of their
> wives' they'd like to bang.

Too bad you're for Hillary. Her wife's kinda pudgy.

===================================
Q: What's the difference between Vietnam & Iraq?
A: Bush & Cheney knew how to get out of Vietnam.

rawbylaw

On Jun 4, 2:04 am, "Zeke" <yakzoom...@doopayash.com> wrote:
> Zeke wrote:
> > Well, there's two reasons to vote for him right there. (Smiley emoticon).
> rawbylaw <rawby...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Yup, it's a sign of change, of change in the elecotrate, more and
> > more folks not baseing their votes on some silly notion of which
> > candidate they'd like have a beer with but, rather on which of their
> > wives' they'd like to bang.
>
> Too bad you're for Hillary.  Her wife's kinda pudgy.

naw, i ain't for hillary. seems i hit a nerve. sorry bro

-jim

> ===================================
> Q: What's the difference between Vietnam & Iraq?
> A: Bush & Cheney knew how to get out of Vietnam.

Zeke

"rawbylaw" <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote:
> Too bad you're for Hillary. Her wife's kinda pudgy.

> naw, i ain't for hillary.

Yer fer McCain now? His wife's kinda cute in a plastic fantastic way.

> seems i hit a nerve. sorry bro

Struggling for words tonight, huh?

===================================
Q: What's the difference between Vietnam & Iraq?
A: Bush & Cheney knew how to get out of Vietnam.

mrfubbles

In article
<4c60d5af-9a4d-47cc-934c-20449656e199@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
rawbylaw <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 1:34=A0am, "Zeke" <yakzoom...@doopayash.com> wrote:
> > "ruthless" <mrfubb...@ducktolling.edu> wrote:
> > > I hope those of us who are interested in moving this country forward in =
> > > realistic fashion will vote for this young skinny guy with the gorgeous
> > > wife from Chicago.
> >
> > Well, there's two reasons to vote for him right there. =A0(Smiley emoticon=
> ).
>
> Yup, it's a sign of change, of change in the elecotrate, more and
> more folks not baseing their votes on some silly notion of which
> candidate they'd like have a beer with but, rather on which of their
> wives' they'd like to bang.
>
> -jim

Huh. I don't especially want to bang his wife...

rawbylaw

On Jun 4, 3:30 am, "Zeke" <yakzoom...@doopayash.com> wrote:
> "rawbylaw" <rawby...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Too bad you're for Hillary. Her wife's kinda pudgy.
> > naw, i ain't for hillary.
>
> Yer fer McCain now?  His wife's kinda cute in a plastic fantastic way.

if you go for cute, ok. but man, her purse if fat! that's where
it's at.
while, michelle, she just finished paying off her student loans i
hear.

> > seems i hit a nerve. sorry bro
>
> Struggling for words tonight, huh?

struggle? don't be so hard on yerself, apologiezing didn't
reqiure that much of an effort. is that something you vaule in
apologies, how big the effort? sorry to
dissapoint you.

-jim

On Jun 4, 9:59 am, mrfubb...@ducktolling.edu (ruthless) wrote:
> In article
> <4c60d5af-9a4d-47cc-934c-20449656e...@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
>

> rawbylaw <rawby...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > > Well, there's two reasons to vote for him right there. =A0(Smiley emoticon=
> > ).
>
> >   Yup, it's a sign of change, of change in the elecotrate,  more and
> > more folks not baseing their votes on some silly notion of which
> > candidate they'd like have a beer with but, rather on which of their
> > wives' they'd like to bang.
>
> > -jim
>
> Huh. I don't especially want to bang his wife...

that imparts a sense of ambiguity, i think. i mean, if you
said,"i *especially* don't want to bang his wife" your displeasure of
the notion would be emphatically clear. Likewise in the affirmative,
"i especially want to bang his wife" - indeed, it had better, as
requisite of the deed. But, the conjunctive adverb use
of don't and especially, renders conjugation of the verb with its
object unduly in doubt, imho

-jim

mrfubbles

In article
<5aa43bc2-2d12-461f-a502-68f2523ca012@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
rawbylaw <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 9:59=A0am, mrfubb...@ducktolling.edu (ruthless) wrote:
> > In article
> > <4c60d5af-9a4d-47cc-934c-20449656e...@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> > rawbylaw <rawby...@aol.com> wrote:
> in =3D
> ous

> oticon=3D
> > > ).
> >
> > > =A0 Yup, it's a sign of change, of change in the elecotrate, =A0more and=
>
> > > more folks not baseing their votes on some silly notion of which
> > > candidate they'd like have a beer with but, rather on which of their
> > > wives' they'd like to bang.
> >
> > > -jim
> >
> > Huh. I don't especially want to bang his wife...
>
> that imparts a sense of ambiguity, i think. i mean, if you
> said,"i *especially* don't want to bang his wife" your displeasure of
> the notion would be emphatically clear. Likewise in the affirmative,
> "i especially want to bang his wife" - indeed, it had better, as
> requisite of the deed. But, the conjunctive adverb use
> of don't and especially, renders conjugation of the verb with its
> object unduly in doubt, imho
>
> -jim

Ok, so I have a teensy girl crush on her. Dasm you , Jim.

Ruth, outed.

rawbylaw

On Jun 4, 7:19 pm, mrfubb...@ducktolling.edu (ruthless) wrote:
> In article
> <5aa43bc2-2d12-461f-a502-68f2523ca...@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>

> rawbylaw <rawby...@aol.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 4, 9:59=A0am, mrfubb...@ducktolling.edu (ruthless) wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <4c60d5af-9a4d-47cc-934c-20449656e...@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,

> >  in =3D
> > ous

> > oticon=3D

> > > Huh. I don't especially want to bang his wife...
>
> >        that imparts a sense of ambiguity, i think.  i mean, if you
> > said,"i *especially* don't want to bang his wife"  your displeasure of
> > the notion would be emphatically clear.  Likewise in the affirmative,
> > "i especially want to bang his wife" - indeed, it had better,  as
> > requisite of the deed.  But, the conjunctive adverb use
> > of don't and especially, renders conjugation of the verb with its
> > object unduly in doubt, imho
>
> > -jim
>
> Ok, so I have a teensy girl crush on her. Dasm you , Jim.

Dasm me?! It accomplishes the previously impossible: increasing the
hotness quotient, of one already at scorching. some thanks!!

-jim

> Ruth, outed.- Hide quoted text -

Zeke

In the spirit of accuracy....

"ruthless" <mrfubbles@ducktolling.edu> wrote
> I hope those of us who are interested in moving this country forward
> in a realistic fashion will vote for this young skinny guy with the
> gorgeous
> wife from Chicago.

"Zeke" <yakzoom...@doopayash.com> wrote:
> Well, there's two reasons to vote for him right there. (Smiley emoticon).

"rawbylaw" <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote:
> Yup, it's a sign of change, of change in the elecotrate, more and
> more folks not baseing their votes on some silly notion of which
> candidate they'd like have a beer with but, rather on which of their
> wives' they'd like to bang.

"Zeke" <yakzoom...@doopayash.com> wrote:
> Too bad you're for Hillary. Her wife's kinda pudgy.

"rawbylaw" <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote:
> naw, i ain't for hillary.

"Zeke" <yakzoom...@doopayash.com> wrote:
> Yer fer McCain now? His wife's kinda cute in a plastic fantastic way.

"rawbylaw" <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote:
> seems i hit a nerve. sorry bro

"Zeke" <yakzoom...@doopayash.com> wrote:
> Struggling for words tonight, huh?

"rawbylaw" <rawbylaw@aol.com> wrote:
> struggle? don't be so hard on yerself, apologiezing didn't
> reqiure that much of an effort. is that something you vaule in
> apologies, how big the effort? sorry to dissapoint you.

No apology needed!

Or to paraphrase Evil Rev, your apology is neither required, nor requested.

A little *entertaintainment,* though, now *that* would be a good thing!

Q: What's the difference between Vietnam & Iraq?
A: Bush & Cheney knew how to get out of Vietnam.

Willy Eyenine

"Zeke" <yakzoomash@doopayash.com> wrote in message
> In the spirit of accuracy....
>
> Or to paraphrase Evil Rev, your apology is neither required, nor
> requested.

Isn't there an unmentionable name in the Harry Potter series that's never
ever to be uttered under any circumstances?