[ANN] ruby-oci8 0.1.9

KUBO Takehiro

Sorry, too late release.
I released ruby-oci8 0.1.9 at last. (0.1.8 is skipped. :-)
From next version, ruby-oci8 won't support ruby 1.6.x and Oracle 8.0.x.

What's new:

1. change the default bindtype for NUMBER without its scale and precisiion
from Fixnum to Float.
If you want to change it, use 'OCI8::Cursor.select_number_as='.
(This problem is reported by William Lawson, Dmitry Maksyoma and Andreas Habel.)

2. add 'OCI8::Cursor#fetch_hash'. fetch an array as Hash.
(contributed by Jason Sweat)

3. don't raise an error when OCI_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO.
(suggested by Kenji Nishishiro)

4. support Oracle Instant Installer.
(suggested by Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira Jr.)

5. fix to compile for Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux.

1 Answer

vruz

> 1. change the default bindtype for NUMBER without its scale and precisiion
> from Fixnum to Float.
> If you want to change it, use 'OCI8::Cursor.select_number_as='.
> (This problem is reported by William Lawson, Dmitry Maksyoma and Andreas Habel.)
>
> 2. add 'OCI8::Cursor#fetch_hash'. fetch an array as Hash.
> (contributed by Jason Sweat)
>
> 3. don't raise an error when OCI_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO.
> (suggested by Kenji Nishishiro)
>
> 4. support Oracle Instant Installer.
> (suggested by Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira Jr.)
>
> 5. fix to compile for Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux.

This is all great stuff !!
Thank you a lot

vruz