microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

SN.EXE Error : Failed to generate a strong name key pair -- The keyset is not defined

Johnny Random

8/28/2002 5:49:00 PM

I've only seen one other person post about this problem.

I'm trying to generate a strong name key, but I get this error:

C:\>sn -k test.snk

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Strong Name Utility Version 1.0.3705.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2001. All rights reserved.

Failed to generate a strong name key pair -- The keyset is not defined.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the entire thing from the VS.Net to the
framework SDK.

I'm using the latest VS.Net Enterprise Architect and I have SP2 installed,
my O/S is XP pro, with all updates (except things like "Make Bonzo the Angry
Clown DVD play on 1/1000000 of all computers").

Thanks in advance for the help.