microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Problem with Transparent Labels

Ale K.

8/28/2002 3:19:00 PM

Hi, i got this problem, i have 32 Transparent Labels on a from , that has an
image as background. My problem is that the labels, loads in gray on the
form , and turn to Transparent, when the form is just loaded, so the user
can see how this is happening... and is not a good thing...
How can avoid this to happend? and have my background with an image and my
labels transparents, without secondary effects??

i tried just setting the labels backgrounds to transparent, and also tried
with:
Me.SetStyle(ControlStyles.Supports.TransparentBackColor,True)
Me.backcolor = Color.Transparent
having the same result.

I think that somebody else has to had the same problem, so if somebody can
help it will be very Greatful.

Thanks.
Alex

1 Answer

Jacob Grass \(MVP\)

Ale K. wrote:
> Hi, i got this problem, i have 32 Transparent Labels on a from , that has
> an image as background. My problem is that the labels, loads in gray on
> the form , and turn to Transparent, when the form is just loaded, so the
> user can see how this is happening... and is not a good thing...
> How can avoid this to happend? and have my background with an image and my
> labels transparents, without secondary effects??
>
> i tried just setting the labels backgrounds to transparent, and also tried
> with:
> Me.SetStyle(ControlStyles.Supports.TransparentBackColor,True)
> Me.backcolor = Color.Transparent
> having the same result.
>
> I think that somebody else has to had the same problem, so if somebody can
> help it will be very Greatful.

At what point in the code are you changing the values?

Check out the SuspendLayout and ResumeLayout methods in the docs, perhaps
you can wrap your code in calls to those.

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP