microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Wanted: API for Front Page, registry and WebDAV

Siegfried Heintze

8/26/2002 8:06:00 PM

How to I call functions to edit the registry? I want to write a program to
edit the system path variable. Do I have to use PInvoke?

How do I write a program to read and write files with WebDAV? Where is the
API for WebDAV for mananged programs? For Unmanaged C++?

Where is the API for FrontPage that will allow me to create MSAccess
databass on a remote web site?

3 Answers

(Kevin Sun [MS])

1. Register API:
Refer to Registry class in DotNet Documentation.

2. WebDav:

Communicating XML Data over the Web with WebDAV
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/d...
xmlandwebdav.asp

Q289867 HOWTO: Use PROPFIND in VC to find a property value on a public
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q28...

3. Create an Access database on Web site:
Generally, we can create an Access database using DAO/ADO programatically.

In FrontPage, we can create the Access database directly:
Q233406 FP2000: FrontPage 2000 Creates Access 2000 Database Files
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q23...

Sincerely,

Kevin
Microsoft Support

| How to I call functions to edit the registry? I want to write a program to
| edit the system path variable. Do I have to use PInvoke?
|
| How do I write a program to read and write files with WebDAV? Where is the
| API for WebDAV for mananged programs? For Unmanaged C++?
|
| Where is the API for FrontPage that will allow me to create MSAccess
| databass on a remote web site?

Siegfried Heintze

Kevin,
Thanks. How do I programmatically import a local copy of an Access
Database?

Is there a way to programatically alter an existing database created by
frontpage? Everytime I create a new form, I create a new database and that
is a bit tedious.

Sieg

(Kevin Sun [MS])

Please refer to following resource on how to create an Access database
programmatically:

Q275252 ACC2000: How to Create a Table with Jet Data Types via ADOX
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q27...

Q317867 HOW TO: Create a Microsoft Access Database Using ADOX and VB
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q31...

Q252908 HOWTO: Create a Table with Primary Key Through ADOX
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q25...

Sincerely,

Kevin
Microsoft Support