The IP of a XMLRPC-Caller

Henrik Ronellenfitsch

1/13/2005 5:39:00 PM

Hello,
is there any way to get the caller's IP in my XMLRPC-method?

Thanks,
Henrik
5 Answers

Scott Rubin

Henrik Ronellenfitsch wrote:
> Hello,
> is there any way to get the caller's IP in my XMLRPC-method?
>
> Thanks,
> Henrik

I don't know the answer to this, but I would also like to know. But I'm curious
what you want to use it for? Personally I want to use XMLRPC to make it to make
it so pages on my web server can query information from my own personal pc, but
I want to make sure that only my server can do this and not random people on the
net.

-Scott

djberg96

Scott Rubin wrote:
> Henrik Ronellenfitsch wrote:
> > Hello,
> > is there any way to get the caller's IP in my XMLRPC-method?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Henrik
>
> I don't know the answer to this, but I would also like to know. But
I'm curious
> what you want to use it for? Personally I want to use XMLRPC to make
it to make
> it so pages on my web server can query information from my own
personal pc, but
> I want to make sure that only my server can do this and not random
people on the
> net.
>
> -Scott

For this see XMLRPC::Server#get_valid_ip and
XMLRPC::Server#set_valid_ip.

Regards,

Dan

Henrik Ronellenfitsch

Hello,

Daniel Berger wrote:
> For this see XMLRPC::Server#get_valid_ip and
> XMLRPC::Server#set_valid_ip.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

That doesn't help me, though, because I have to connect to the caller to
send him some data (e.g. a file).
Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Henrik

Sam Roberts

Quoteing hen_WEG_damit_rik@searinox.de, on Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 02:31:13PM +0900:
> That doesn't help me, though, because I have to connect to the caller to
> send him some data (e.g. a file).
> Any other ideas?

Have the caller tell you his IP?

Sam

> Thanks,
> Henrik

Henrik Ronellenfitsch

Sam Roberts wrote:
> Have the caller tell you his IP?

That's a possibility, but the caller probably sits behind a NAT so he
could only give his local address.
But thanks,

Henrik