Re: [ANN] Nemo 0.1.0 + Wee 0.4.0

George Moschovitis

1/13/2005 2:34:00 PM

> Can be used with or without continuations
this is a killer :)

hope to see Wee+Nemo+Og in the future :)

George

5 Answers

Michael Neumann

George Moschovitis wrote:
>>Can be used with or without continuations
>
> this is a killer :)
>
> hope to see Wee+Nemo+Og in the future :)

you know, I'm working on it ;-)

Regards,

Michael

Michael Neumann

George Moschovitis wrote:
>>Can be used with or without continuations
>
> this is a killer :)

It's very easy to rip out the continuation stuff. Only a few lines have
to be rewritten (I've those lines already, as Wee started to be
non-continuation based). Indeed, the Session class would become much
easier, as it's no longer using it's own thread. Currently, I do not use
continuations much in my programs, and Nemo does not use them much
either (only one occurence).... But I'm waiting until there's real need.
You know, without continuations, Wee is again marshallable (despite it's
use of callback blocks, which are BTW optional, too).

What I'd like to see, is an implementation of IOWA on top of Wee...

Regards,

Michael

Its Me

"Michael Neumann" <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote
> George Moschovitis wrote:
> > hope to see Wee+Nemo+Og in the future :)
>
> you know, I'm working on it ;-)

Will you arrange for Nemo to work off the same metadata as Og?

George Moschovitis

> Will you arrange for Nemo to work off the same metadata as Og?

Og's meta-data are not DB specific, they can be used to build forms. An
example is the FormBuilder included in Nitro that will be integrated in
the scaffolding code. The latest version adds validation meta-data
support. And more metadata is coming soon.

Be the way the FormBuilder along with a TableBuilder (under
construction) will be integrated with the programmatic renderer, which
in turn will be integrated in the standard Nitro renderer.
Coming soon!

George

Its Me

"George Moschovitis" <george.moschovitis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Will you arrange for Nemo to work off the same metadata as Og?
>
> Og's meta-data are not DB specific, they can be used to build forms.

Yes. It looks like a fair amount of even Nemo code can be generated from
(some small extensions of) Og's rail-like macros e.g. generation of
meta-objects and supporting bits. That plus a few scaffolding-like macros
would further improve building with Wee + Nemo.