microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

How to Distribute/Deploy Crystal Reports Runtime?

Edward Yang

8/23/2002 3:30:00 PM

My VB.NET Windows Form application has several Crystal Reports that are
displayed using Crystal Report Viewer.

I created a setup project using Visual Studio Installer 1.1 (Any new version
availabe? I can't find update information on Microsoft's Web site), and
added the following merge modules:

Database_Access.msm
Database_Access_enu.msm
Managed.msm
regwiz.msm

as what MSDN tells me to do.

But after running the setup on a fresh installation of Windows 2000 Advanced
Server, I got a message telling me that keycodeV2.dll could not be found.

On my development Windows 2000 Pro system, I have the folder C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions and several of its sub-folders. But I
cannot find corresponding folder on the new installation system.

Am I missing some merge modules or something?

5 Answers

(Jun Su [MS])

Did you register your version of crystal reports? This is a liscence issue.
Please follow the register wizard popped when you edit the report, to
register the product. Check the following page for more information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
ml/crcondistributingcrystalruntimefilestoaclientcomputer.asp

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jun Su
Microsoft Support

---

--------------------
| From: "Edward Yang" <edwy75@msn.com>
| Subject: How to Distribute/Deploy Crystal Reports Runtime?
| Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:30:24 +0800
|
| My VB.NET Windows Form application has several Crystal Reports that are
| displayed using Crystal Report Viewer.
|
| I created a setup project using Visual Studio Installer 1.1 (Any new
version
| availabe? I can't find update information on Microsoft's Web site), and
| added the following merge modules:
|
| Database_Access.msm
| Database_Access_enu.msm
| Managed.msm
| regwiz.msm
|
| as what MSDN tells me to do.
|
| But after running the setup on a fresh installation of Windows 2000
| Server, I got a message telling me that keycodeV2.dll could not be found.
|
| On my development Windows 2000 Pro system, I have the folder C:\Program
| Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions and several of its sub-folders. But I
| cannot find corresponding folder on the new installation system.
|
| Am I missing some merge modules or something?

Edward Yang

Thanks for your information. The link you provided is the same one I read on
MSDN.

Yes, I registered Crystal Report that was installed with Visual Studio .NET.
(When I first created a Crystal Report file in VS.NET, the Registration
wizard dialog appeared, I followed the instructions and got my registration
number.)

And I do not think I have the license problem, becaue I am testing my
program and there is ONE connection.

So the key is -- Install Crystal Report on a client machine and have my
program running.

"Jun Su [MS]" <junsu@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Did you register your version of crystal reports? This is a liscence
issue.
> Please follow the register wizard popped when you edit the report, to
> register the product. Check the following page for more information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
> ml/crcondistributingcrystalruntimefilestoaclientcomputer.asp
>
> I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jun Su
> Microsoft Support
>
> ---
rights.

> --------------------
> | From: "Edward Yang" <edwy75@msn.com>
> | Subject: How to Distribute/Deploy Crystal Reports Runtime?
> | Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:30:24 +0800
> |
> | My VB.NET Windows Form application has several Crystal Reports that are
> | displayed using Crystal Report Viewer.
> |
> | I created a setup project using Visual Studio Installer 1.1 (Any new
> version
> | availabe? I can't find update information on Microsoft's Web site), and
> | added the following merge modules:
> |
> | Database_Access.msm
> | Database_Access_enu.msm
> | Managed.msm
> | regwiz.msm
> |
> | as what MSDN tells me to do.
> |
> | But after running the setup on a fresh installation of Windows 2000
> | Server, I got a message telling me that keycodeV2.dll could not be
found.

> | On my development Windows 2000 Pro system, I have the folder C:\Program
> | Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions and several of its sub-folders. But
> | cannot find corresponding folder on the new installation system.
> |
> | Am I missing some merge modules or something?

(Jun Su [MS])

Please reference this article:
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2...

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jun Su
Microsoft Support

---

--------------------
| From: "Edward Yang" <edwy75@msn.com>
| Subject: Re: How to Distribute/Deploy Crystal Reports Runtime?
| Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:28:49 +0800
|
| Thanks for your information. The link you provided is the same one I read
on
| MSDN.
|
| Yes, I registered Crystal Report that was installed with Visual Studio
.NET.
| (When I first created a Crystal Report file in VS.NET, the Registration
| wizard dialog appeared, I followed the instructions and got my
registration
| number.)
|
| And I do not think I have the license problem, becaue I am testing my
| program and there is ONE connection.
|
| So the key is -- Install Crystal Report on a client machine and have my
| program running.
|
| "Jun Su [MS]" <junsu@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > Hi,
| >
| > Did you register your version of crystal reports? This is a liscence
| issue.
| > Please follow the register wizard popped when you edit the report, to
| > register the product. Check the following page for more information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
| > ml/crcondistributingcrystalruntimefilestoaclientcomputer.asp
| >
| > I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.
| >
| > Best Regards,
| >
| > Jun Su
| > Microsoft Support
| >
| > ---
| rights.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Edward Yang" <edwy75@msn.com>
| > | Subject: How to Distribute/Deploy Crystal Reports Runtime?
| > | Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:30:24 +0800
| > |
| > | My VB.NET Windows Form application has several Crystal Reports that
are
| > | displayed using Crystal Report Viewer.
| > |
| > | I created a setup project using Visual Studio Installer 1.1 (Any new
| > version
| > | availabe? I can't find update information on Microsoft's Web site),
and
| > | added the following merge modules:
| > |
| > | Database_Access.msm
| > | Database_Access_enu.msm
| > | Managed.msm
| > | regwiz.msm
| > |
| > | as what MSDN tells me to do.
| > |
| > | But after running the setup on a fresh installation of Windows 2000
| > | Server, I got a message telling me that keycodeV2.dll could not be
| found.
| > |
| > | On my development Windows 2000 Pro system, I have the folder
C:\Program
| > | Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions and several of its sub-folders.
But
| > | cannot find corresponding folder on the new installation system.
| > |
| > | Am I missing some merge modules or something?
| > |
| > |
| > |

Edward Yang

Thanks. That's great! It solved my problem.

> Hi,
>
> Please reference this article:
> http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2...
>
> I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jun Su
> Microsoft Support
>
> ---
rights.

> --------------------
> | From: "Edward Yang" <edwy75@msn.com>
> | Subject: Re: How to Distribute/Deploy Crystal Reports Runtime?
> | Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:28:49 +0800
> |
> | Thanks for your information. The link you provided is the same one I
read
> on
> | MSDN.
> |
> | Yes, I registered Crystal Report that was installed with Visual Studio
> NET.
> | (When I first created a Crystal Report file in VS.NET, the Registration
> | wizard dialog appeared, I followed the instructions and got my
> registration
> | number.)
> |
> | And I do not think I have the license problem, becaue I am testing my
> | program and there is ONE connection.
> |
> | So the key is -- Install Crystal Report on a client machine and have my
> | program running.
> |
> | "Jun Su [MS]" <junsu@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > Hi,
> | >
> | > Did you register your version of crystal reports? This is a liscence
> | issue.
> | > Please follow the register wizard popped when you edit the report, to
> | > register the product. Check the following page for more information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
> | > ml/crcondistributingcrystalruntimefilestoaclientcomputer.asp
> | >
> | > I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this
post.

> | > Best Regards,
> | >
> | > Jun Su
> | > Microsoft Support
> | >
> | > ---
> | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> | rights.
> | >
> | > --------------------
> | > |
> are
> | > |
> | > version
> and
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | found.
> | > |
> C:\Program
> But
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

Edward Yang

And here is another related 'problem'.

I'd really like to know whether there is a new version of the FREE Visual
Studio Installer (It can be integrated with Visual InterDev 6.0)? I have
version 1.1 installed on my Windows 2000 system, it's great.

I don't think the setup project provided by VS.NET is a full-fledged
product. It just has very little free space for me to configure proejct
settings (e.g., project display title, installation path, dialog message
text, etc.).

Thanks.