apt-listbugs

Thursday

1/12/2005 5:40:00 PM

I didn't see Debian's apt-listbugs in raa or rubyforge so it was kinda
neat to find out it uses ruby. If you use Debian and Ruby, you might be
interested in taking a look at the code.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/ap...

apt-listbugs is written and maintained by Masato Taruishi.

apt-listbugs is a tool which retrieves bug reports from the Debian Bug
Tracking System and lists them. Especially, it is intended to be invoked
before each upgrade/installation by apt in order to check whether the
upgrade/installation is safe.

Many developers and users prefer the unstable version of Debian for its
new features and packages. apt, the usual upgrade tool, can break your
system by installing a buggy package.

apt-listbugs lists critical bug reports from the Debian Bug Tracking
System. Run it before apt to see if an upgrade or installation is known
to be unsafe.
1 Answer

William Morgan

Excerpts from Thursday's mail of 12 Jan 2005 (EST):
> apt-listbugs is a tool which retrieves bug reports from the Debian Bug
> Tracking System and lists them. Especially, it is intended to be invoked
> before each upgrade/installation by apt in order to check whether the
> upgrade/installation is safe.

That is very cool.

--
William <wmorgan-ruby-talk@masanjin.net>