How do I create a datasource using VB.NET?

Mary

8/30/2002 3:33:00 AM

I'm looking for information on how to create datasources using VB.NET.

I need to programmatically automate the creation of both ODBC and OLEDB SQL
Server datasources and ODBC Access datasources on a server.

I've looked around and all I've found so far is how to create them using the
Datasources (ODBC) manager in control panel, but I need to be able to create
them on the fly using VB.NET

Thanks

1 Answer

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

Hi Mary,

The following Knowledge based article should help you accomplish this task:

HOW TO: Build a Connection String in ADO.NET by Using VB .NET
ID: Q309485
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Hussein Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.co....