jason

8/25/2002 3:57:00 AM

I am new to Visual Studio and ASP.NET development so I
hope that someone can help here. We are redeveloping an
application from ASP to ASP.NET and the application
revolves around several MS Access databases. The
Application uses a DSN connection to the database that are
located across server server etc... I have read posts on
this and when I try to access one of these DSN's with
VS.NET I get this error:

Invalid Property Value
The .Net Data OLE DB Provider(System.Data.OleDb) does not
support the MSDASQL Provider, Microsoft OLE DB Provider
for ODBC Drivers.

I have MDAC 2.7 and the "ODBC .NET Data Provider"

Any clue here or suggestions? Thanks

1 Answer

(Peter Davies)

Since you indicate that you have it installed, try using the
Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection rather than the OledbConnection object.
This should resolve it for you.

Thanks,
Peter Davies
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.co....