Using the ODBC APIs with VB.NET

Andy Pelkey

8/22/2002 5:07:00 AM

I currently have several large VB 6.0 applications that
use the ODBC APIs to access a variety of back end
databases to get their data. I used the ODBC SDK for
assistance in programming the data access. When converting
to VB.NET, the data access no longer works because most of
the declare statements from the ODBC SDK are declared
using "as any". This does not appear to be supported in
VB.NET. This may not be the only problem but it is one of
the first we've hit. Does anyone know if you can use the
ODBC API's with VB.NET and where I can get the correct
declaration statements to call the APIs from VB.NET? They
used to be distributed by Microsoft in file called
ODBC32.txt.

Thank You!
Andy