[ANN] YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.0

SASADA Koichi

I released YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.0.

YARV Home page: http://www.atdot...
YARV 0.1.0 : http://www.atdot...yarv-0.1.0.tar.gz

* What's this?

YARV is Virtual Machine for Programming Language Ruby.

The goal of this project is to develop the fastest
Virtual Machine for Ruby in the world.

You can see how fast YARV works.
http://www.atdot...bench-20050110-rev120-cygwin.txt

* YARV can:

- Parse some ruby scripts
- Execute some ruby scripts
- AOT compiler (Ruby -> C) (very partial)

* YARV can't:

- Parse all ruby scripts
- Execute all ruby scripts

Especially, YARV has many incompatibility with current ruby
interpreter.

* How to install and use:

See http://www.atdot...

* Remarks

We have mailing list to discuss about YARV in English.

This project is supported by IPA (Information-technology
Promotion Agency, Japan) "Exploratory Software Project (youth)".

Thanks,
--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net
//

2 Answers

Aredridel

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:05:38 +0900, SASADA Koichi <ko1@atdot.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I released YARV: Yet Another RubyVM 0.1.0.
>
> YARV Home page: http://www.atdot...
> YARV 0.1.0 : http://www.atdot...yarv-0.1.0.tar.gz

Congratulations! I look forward to trying it out!

Ari

George Moschovitis

THANK you very much for your efforts! I 'll try it now!

regards,
George