[SOLUTION] Ruby Quiz #14 LCD Numbers

Nathaniel Talbott

1/9/2005 9:03:00 PM

This was the first quiz I participated in (I've been waiting for one I
could whip out real quick), and it made a nice programming warm-up
after being away over the holidays. I added one small bit of
functionality: a colon, so I could do time displays. However, the colon
looked ugly when expanded, so I made it so it only expands vertically,
not horizontally.

The template-based approach I used could probably be used (with a bit
of tweaking) to allow prettier displays, but I didn't want to show off
how much I stink at ASCII art by trying myself :-)

Thanks for the quiz!

Nathaniel
Terralien, Inc.

<:((><