Is There A Standard XML Parser?

Mark Bennett

1/7/2005 10:50:00 PM

I'm just getting started with Ruby and need one of my applications to
parse an XML file provided by a client. I've been looking at using
REXML, but I have a feeling there might be a XML parser library included
in the Ruby 1.8 distribution. Am I mistaken or just blind? I noticed
it has a YAML parsing library, which is what makes me think there's
probably an XML parsing one too.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Mark

2 Answers

Austin Ziegler

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 07:49:43 +0900, Mark Bennett <mark@the-bennetts.ca> wrote:
> I'm just getting started with Ruby and need one of my applications to
> parse an XML file provided by a client. I've been looking at using
> REXML, but I have a feeling there might be a XML parser library included
> in the Ruby 1.8 distribution. Am I mistaken or just blind? I noticed
> it has a YAML parsing library, which is what makes me think there's
> probably an XML parsing one too.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice!

Yes.

REXML.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Martin DeMello

Mark Bennett <mark@the-bennetts.ca> wrote:
> I'm just getting started with Ruby and need one of my applications to
> parse an XML file provided by a client. I've been looking at using
> REXML, but I have a feeling there might be a XML parser library included
> in the Ruby 1.8 distribution. Am I mistaken or just blind? I noticed
> it has a YAML parsing library, which is what makes me think there's
> probably an XML parsing one too.

REXML *is* included in the 1.8 distribution

martin