Re: RubyForge themes

> Lähettäjä: Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com>
> Aihe: RubyForge themes
>
> Howdy -
>
> Eero Saynatkari has been working on a couple new RubyForge themes; you
> can get an idea where he's going with them here:
>
> http://support.rubyforge.org/t...
> and here:
> http://support.rubyforge.org/th...
>
> Any comments on these would be welcome...

I've got a few other ones in the works, mainly one green and one grey
motif though I think the red should do well enough. As long as it's
agreed the red is classy enough, I think it goes the best with Ruby.
The grey may emerge as an alternative for those with colour contrast
issues such as I.

Any comments on the red? I registered a request for images (I didn't
have access to a photo suite); anything else? Easy enough to read?
Colours not too drab? All the important bits showing well enough?

Bauduin Raphael

E S wrote:
>>Lähettäjä: Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com>
>>Aihe: RubyForge themes
>>
>>Howdy -
>>
>>Eero Saynatkari has been working on a couple new RubyForge themes; you
>>can get an idea where he's going with them here:
>>
>>http://support.rubyforge.org/t...
>>and here:
>>http://support.rubyforge.org/th...
>>
>>Any comments on these would be welcome...
>

> I've got a few other ones in the works, mainly one green and one grey
> motif though I think the red should do well enough. As long as it's
> agreed the red is classy enough, I think it goes the best with Ruby.
> The grey may emerge as an alternative for those with colour contrast
> issues such as I.
>
> Any comments on the red? I registered a request for images (I didn't
> have access to a photo suite); anything else? Easy enough to read?
> Colours not too drab? All the important bits showing well enough?

The red one is also my choice.
Just one remark: the titles "Latest News" is centered and has the same
color as links. I didn't immediately see it as the title of a section.
Maybe an horizontal line above and under it would make it more visitble?
Or change the color and align it left? (I'm not a graphist, just ideas).
On the current design, (all) the titles are much more visible.

In the same vein, I would go for a clearer separation of each news
(horizontal line take the whole width?)

Keep the good work!

Raph