Killing ftp connection in ruby

Michal Koudelka

I have a service written in ruby, which uploads large files to remote
ftp server. This service in controlled throught web interface.

When upload is launched, single thread is created to serve them
(chanage the dir at remote server and put the file, rescue all
possible and few unpossible exceptions).

Now, sometimes I need to terminate running upload. I tryed to call
close method to ftp connection and rescue relevant Exception.

But, when upload is runing and I try to close the connection, program
wait until transfer is finished and then connection is closed.

Does somebody have an idea how to close connection during transfer?

Thanx,

Mithrandir

1 Answer

Bill Atkins

Have you tried killing the thread?

Bill

--
$stdout.sync = true
"Just another Ruby hacker.".each_byte do |b|