rubyforge colors

Michal Suchanek

1/3/2005 10:54:00 AM

Hello

Could somebody, please, fix the html colors on ruby forge?

It's usually done by extending the
body { background: #fff; }
body { background: #fff; color: #600; }
link { color: #a30; }
visited { color: #a63; }

or whatever were the colors in your browser when you were designing the
page.

So far I found I cannot see large parts of wiki and project home pages.

To test you design change your browser colors (ie to black background
and text/link/visited all white which is perfectly readable).
The web page should either not change at all or change completely to the
new colors or the design is broken.

Thanks

3 Answers

Tom Copeland

> Could somebody, please, fix the html colors on ruby forge?
>
> It's usually done by extending the
> body { background: #fff; }
> body { background: #fff; color: #600; }
> .link { color: #a30; }
> .visited { color: #a63; }
>
> or whatever were the colors in your browser when you were
> designing the page.
>
> So far I found I cannot see large parts of wiki and project
> home pages.
>
> To test you design change your browser colors (ie to black
> background and text/link/visited all white which is perfectly
> readable). The web page should either not change at all or
> change completely to the new colors or the design is broken.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the default theme or the GForge
theme? Also, by "project home pages" do you mean the summary pages,
i.e:

http://rubyforge.org/project...

or do you mean the project virtual hosts:

http://freeride.rubyf...

Thanks,

Tom

Michal Suchanek

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:43:20PM +0900, Tom Copeland wrote:
> > Could somebody, please, fix the html colors on ruby forge?
> >
> > It's usually done by extending the
> > body { background: #fff; }
> > body { background: #fff; color: #600; }
> > .link { color: #a30; }
> > .visited { color: #a63; }
> >
> > or whatever were the colors in your browser when you were
> > designing the page.
> >
> > So far I found I cannot see large parts of wiki and project
> > home pages.
> >
> > To test you design change your browser colors (ie to black
> > background and text/link/visited all white which is perfectly
> > readable). The web page should either not change at all or
> > change completely to the new colors or the design is broken.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the default theme or the GForge

I do not know about themes, it looks much like Apple's pages to me.
Today only visited links are iunreadable in these Aqua-like pages.

But it there are going to be new themes and this one goes away ..

> theme? Also, by "project home pages" do you mean the summary pages,
> i.e:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/project...
>
> or do you mean the project virtual hosts:
>
> http://freeride.rubyf...
If pages like http://sqlite-ruby.ruby... aren't part of rubyforge
itself it probably depends on the project maintainers what appears
there.
I have seen two pages very similar to this one (list of files, methods,
etc) but they were partially in weird colors, unlike this one.

Thanks

Michal Suchanek

Tom Copeland

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 21:23, Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:43:20PM +0900, Tom Copeland wrote:
> > Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the default theme or the GForge
>
> I do not know about themes, it looks much like Apple's pages to me.
> Today only visited links are iunreadable in these Aqua-like pages.
>
> But it there are going to be new themes and this one goes away ..

There's another theme available now; details on how to use this as your
default theme are here:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=567&group_id=5&am...

> If pages like http://sqlite-ruby.ruby... aren't part of rubyforge
> itself it probably depends on the project maintainers what appears
> there.

Yup, exactly.

> I have seen two pages very similar to this one (list of files, methods,
> etc) but they were partially in weird colors, unlike this one.

Yup, the project virtual hosts are controlled by the project
developers...

Yours,

Tom