Math and Plotting Libraries

Bill

1/1/2005 2:54:00 PM

I am new to the Ruby language, and like what I see. But to get really
involved, I am wondering if there is an active community in math and
scientific programming. Are there actively maintained libraries like
Numeric, Matplotlib, and Scipy from Python in Ruby.

I have found some math and plotting libraries, but they don't seem to
be very mature and seem to have been abandoned.

2 Answers

Mikael Larsson

try http://rb-gsl.ruby...
//Mike
On Saturday 01 January 2005 15:56, Bill wrote:
> I am new to the Ruby language, and like what I see. But to get really
> involved, I am wondering if there is an active community in math and
> scientific programming. Are there actively maintained libraries like
> Numeric, Matplotlib, and Scipy from Python in Ruby.
>
> I have found some math and plotting libraries, but they don't seem to
> be very mature and seem to have been abandoned.

gabriele renzi

Mikael Larsson ha scritto:
> try http://rb-gsl.ruby...
> //Mike
> On Saturday 01 January 2005 15:56, Bill wrote:
>
>>I am new to the Ruby language, and like what I see. But to get really
>>involved, I am wondering if there is an active community in math and
>>scientific programming. Are there actively maintained libraries like
>>Numeric, Matplotlib, and Scipy from Python in Ruby.
>>
>>I have found some math and plotting libraries, but they don't seem to
>>be very mature and seem to have been abandoned.

also, if you noticed that the entry for NArray on RAA seems old, please
notice that it is stuill actively developed. Also, I recall IDL and R
bindings.