making an executable work with both RPA and Rubygems

Francis Hwang

12/30/2004 6:38:00 PM

Lafcadio's got an executable script that gets installed in
/usr/local/bin. How can I make sure it works with both RPA and
Rubygems? Is there a document somewhere that will help me with this?

Thanks much,

Francis Hwang
http://f...

3 Answers

Jim Weirich

Francis Hwang said:
> Lafcadio's got an executable script that gets installed in
> /usr/local/bin. How can I make sure it works with both RPA and
> Rubygems? Is there a document somewhere that will help me with this?

Unless you are doing something unusual, you should have to do nothing in
both systems. RPA will install it directly. RubyGems will install a stub
that will make sure the proper version is selected.

--
-- Jim Weirich jim@weirichhouse.org http://onest...

Austin Ziegler

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 03:37:54 +0900, Francis Hwang <sera@fhwang.net> wrote:
> Lafcadio's got an executable script that gets installed in
> /usr/local/bin. How can I make sure it works with both RPA and
> Rubygems? Is there a document somewhere that will help me with this?

Check the work done with Ruwiki to see what I've done to make it easy
for RPA to make something that works with either RubyGems or RPA
installations of dependencies.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

vruz

> Lafcadio's got an executable script that gets installed in
> /usr/local/bin. How can I make sure it works with both RPA and
> Rubygems? Is there a document somewhere that will help me with this?

Following these guidelines will greatly help:

http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?Goo...

Happy new year guys !

--
--- vruz