Other language websites

Martin DeMello

12/30/2004 6:46:00 AM

Slightly offtopic, but I thought it'd be useful to look to other
language's websites for inspiration.

I'll start the ball rolling with the Pike homepage:

http://pike.i...

What I liked about it was the prominent "What is Pike" section sharing
eyespace with the ever-useful "latest news" - a two-column layout with
one half for newcomers and one for regulars. The "standard stuff" like
docs and downloads is quite rightly relegated to a little strip on top,
since by now everyone knows to look for them there. (An on-hover
dropdown menu for each item would have been nice, but it looks like they
wanted to make the page scale downwards as well as possible).

martin