[Tk] TkPhotoImage question

email55555 email55555

12/26/2004 4:32:00 AM

It seems to me that the usage of TkPhotoImage is not like others Ruby/Tk ...

a.copy(b, :subsample=>5) # is OK. a, b are instance of TkPhotoImage

but if you want subsample x y :
a.copy(b, :subsample=>'5 5') # ==> Error ...
a.copy(b, :subsample=>[5, 5]) # ==> Error ...

I found the only way is :
a.copy(b, '-subsample 5 5') # OK

Same problem on read, write ... etc

a.read('image.gif', :shrink) #==> Error
a.read('image.gif', 'shrink') #==> Error

The only way to do it is :
a.read('image.gif', '-shrink')

Is there some reasons to desing TkPhotoImage this way ?

Thank you.

2 Answers

Hidetoshi NAGAI

SolomonW

In article <Ftygk.35265$NU3.5213@newsfe01.iad>, nkm1@netzero.net says...
> The UK
> and France pressure Israel to withdraw a couple of miles so that the
> canal can be operational again. The new ruler declares victory.

The Israeli were not in the area. Latter the accuse the British and
French of wasting time so causing the project to fail.

In retrospect , Israel would have been smarter to take the area and
then in a mock retreat, turn it over to the British and French.