Sparkline PHP Graphing Library

Bil Kleb

12/24/2004 6:25:00 PM

This sounds like a challenge to me: "We aim to increase the
adoption of sparklines on the web by providing a high-quality
PHP sparkline library" --http://sparkline.sourc...

Anyone have any ideas on how to craft a /Ruby/ library?

--
Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia
http://fun3d.lar...

pat eyler

The Perl library prvides a subclass of the GD::Graph library. It
only provides line charts, but building out a version that does line
chart (lke Tufte's medical sart examples) and bar chart (like his
won-loss examples) sparklines with some optional decorations
(superimposing ranges, coloring certain elements, etc) would be great.

-pate

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 03:26:56 +0900, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@nasa.gov> wrote:
> This sounds like a challenge to me: "We aim to increase the
> adoption of sparklines on the web by providing a high-quality
> PHP sparkline library" --http://sparkline.sourc...
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to craft a /Ruby/ library?
>
> --
> Bil Kleb, Hampton, Virginia
> http://fun3d.lar...

Osuka Adartse

Bil Kleb wrote:
> This sounds like a challenge to me: "We aim to increase the
> adoption of sparklines on the web by providing a high-quality
> PHP sparkline library" --http://sparkline.sourc...
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to craft a /Ruby/ library?

Dunno, maybe http://gruby.sourceforge.jp/ind... could be of
use...or basis

Christian Neukirchen

Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb@NASA.Gov> writes:

> This sounds like a challenge to me: "We aim to increase the
> adoption of sparklines on the web by providing a high-quality
> PHP sparkline library" --http://sparkline.sourc...
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to craft a /Ruby/ library?

Dane G. Avilla shows how sparklines can be done in Ruby with
Encapsulated Postscript at
> http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0000Lk&...

Else, I see no reason why this can't be done with ruby-gd too.

Christian Neukirchen
<chneukirchen@gmail.com>