RedHanded: a new Ruby blog

why the lucky stiff

12/20/2004 10:47:00 PM

Hi, people. I've opened a new blog called RedHanded. See:
http://redhanded.....

Since my personal site can be an unpredictable mess of thoughts, only a
small portion being Ruby-related, I've decided it would be advantageous
to start a separate blog which focuses strictly on Ruby. This frees me
up to pollute my personal site with even more cruft without feeling an
obligation to stay on topic.

RedHanded covers five topics:
* 5.gets: short 5-question interviews with ruby masters.
* bits: short bits of Ruby code for dissection or amazement.
* inspect: open analysis of a concept, howtos.
* the cult: how Ruby affects our lifestyle
* -h: urgent Ruby help topics

RedHanded also allows comments and, perhaps, down the road, I can
persuade some of you to guest blog on it.

Slime-tastic,

_why

6 Answers

pat eyler

Why, because you like us!

This will clean up my aggragator immensely. Ducks, horses, foxes, and
knitters of baby alpaca wool the world around thank you!

-pate

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:47:13 +0900, why the lucky stiff
<ruby-talk@whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:
> Hi, people. I've opened a new blog called RedHanded. See:
> http://redhanded.....
>
> Since my personal site can be an unpredictable mess of thoughts, only a
> small portion being Ruby-related, I've decided it would be advantageous
> to start a separate blog which focuses strictly on Ruby. This frees me
> up to pollute my personal site with even more cruft without feeling an
> obligation to stay on topic.
>
> RedHanded covers five topics:
> * 5.gets: short 5-question interviews with ruby masters.
> * bits: short bits of Ruby code for dissection or amazement.
> * inspect: open analysis of a concept, howtos.
> * the cult: how Ruby affects our lifestyle
> * -h: urgent Ruby help topics
>
> RedHanded also allows comments and, perhaps, down the road, I can
> persuade some of you to guest blog on it.
>
> Slime-tastic,
>
> _why

Lyle Johnson

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:47:13 +0900, why the lucky stiff
<ruby-talk@whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:

> Hi, people. I've opened a new blog called RedHanded. See:
> http://redhanded.....

I don't know if this indicates a problem in Safari or in the HTML, but
the sidebar which should appear in the upper right-hand corner (i.e.
the part with "Archive", "Links" and the duck image) doesn't display
correctly under Safari v1.2.4 on Mac OS X. Well, it doesn't display
correctly on my PowerBook, anyways.

Looks fine under Mozilla on the same machine.

Giulio Piancastelli

why the lucky stiff wrote:

> Hi, people. I've opened a new blog called RedHanded. See:
> http://redhanded.....

Hi _why,

what about adding RSS feed autodiscovery to your new blog, and by the
way to the whole Hobix engine? It's just a matter of adding a tag along
the lines of:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
href="http://redhanded....index.xml" />

in the <head> section of your (X)HTML home page. There are tools out
there (lots of aggregators and especially the Bloglines Firefox
extensions) which can exploit that tag to make subscription fabuleasy.
Best Regards,
Giulio Piancastelli.

why the lucky stiff

Giulio Piancastelli wrote:

>what about adding RSS feed autodiscovery to your new blog, and by the
>way to the whole Hobix engine? It's just a matter of adding a tag along
>the lines of:
>
><link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
>href="http://redhanded.hobix.com/index... />

Done, good, thanks Giulio. Will be out in Hobix 0.4.

_why

Peter Booth

I routinely have problems reading pages on Safari that then look fine on
Camino.
I don't know why - but it's a PITA.

"Lyle Johnson" <lyle.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:47:13 +0900, why the lucky stiff
> <ruby-talk@whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi, people. I've opened a new blog called RedHanded. See:
>> http://redhanded.....
>
> I don't know if this indicates a problem in Safari or in the HTML, but
> the sidebar which should appear in the upper right-hand corner (i.e.
> the part with "Archive", "Links" and the duck image) doesn't display
> correctly under Safari v1.2.4 on Mac OS X. Well, it doesn't display
> correctly on my PowerBook, anyways.
>
> Looks fine under Mozilla on the same machine.

Alexander Kellett

<rant>
its because the w3c suck
</rant>