Re: MySQL/Ruby on Windows

Williams, Chris

12/20/2004 2:34:00 PM

Justin,

> > I'm trying to install the C-based MySQL/Ruby library on my WinXP box
and
> > MySQL 4.1.7
>
> I ran into all the problems you listed as well. Here is how I got
> around them - http://seagecko.org/thoughts/2004/09/09/ruby-...
> windows/
>
> It is built around 4.0.20a not the newer 4.1.7. I have no need to
> upgrade right now so it isn't even on my priority list to get it built
> with 4.1.x code line.

Thanks for the help!

Hopefully I can snag VS.NET and compile one against MySQL 4.1.7 (sadly
the so file you created is bombing out on me).

As a general note to the Ruby community, and to the Windows One-click
installer in particular - Can we _please_ try and get some of the more
popular extensions pre-compiled for win32? I've had a heck of a time
trying to do FastCGI, ZLib and MySQL...

Thanks,
Chris

2 Answers

Curt Hibbs

Williams, Chris wrote:

> As a general note to the Ruby community, and to the Windows One-click
> installer in particular - Can we _please_ try and get some of the more
> popular extensions pre-compiled for win32? I've had a heck of a time
> trying to do FastCGI, ZLib and MySQL...

I'm working on a One-Click Ruby Server that will install a complete
ruby-based server environment. But its just in the planning phase, so
realistically it will be a few months before anything is available.

Curt

Austin Ziegler

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:34:03 +0900, Williams, Chris
<Chris.Williams@xeroxlabs.com> wrote:
> As a general note to the Ruby community, and to the Windows One-click
> installer in particular - Can we _please_ try and get some of the more
> popular extensions pre-compiled for win32? I've had a heck of a time
> trying to do FastCGI, ZLib and MySQL...

Zlib already works, and is part of the standard Ruby distro. There are
a few things missing from the standard One-click distro, but this is
not one of them.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com