Rublog Error

James Gray

12/20/2004 3:46:00 AM

I'm trying to convert a blog I maintain for a friend to Rublog. I've
brought the articles across and got it running, but...

Whenever I try to go to a page to see the next set of articles in a
long list, I get a "Not Found" error.

Here's a link to the blog. It still needs work, but you can see the
error here:

http://www.grayproductions.net/cgi-bin/rena...

Just click the arrow at the top of the first page by "5 of 62 articles"
or open any category and try to walk through it with the arrows.

Am I doing something wrong here?

James Edward Gray II

7 Answers

Robert McGovern

> http://www.grayproductions.net/cgi-bin/rena...
>
> Just click the arrow at the top of the first page by "5 of 62 articles"
> or open any category and try to walk through it with the arrows.

Works fine for me, I've just cycled through all the pages down to
articles 61 & 62

The Ringo and Watson Update & Bugged

http://www.grayproductions.net/cgi-bin/rena.../+LifeWithKids/RingoAndWatsonUpdate.rdoc?count=5&asof=2004/12/20

THis was with both IE 6 and Firefox 1, note that the arrows don't
appear correctly in my IE but are fine in Firefox.

Rob

James Gray

On Dec 20, 2004, at 5:22 AM, Robert McGovern wrote:

>> http://www.grayproductions.net/cgi-bin/rena...
>>
>> Just click the arrow at the top of the first page by "5 of 62
>> articles"
>> or open any category and try to walk through it with the arrows.
>
> Works fine for me, I've just cycled through all the pages down to
> articles 61 & 62
>
> The Ringo and Watson Update & Bugged
>
> http://www.grayproductions.net/cgi-bin/rena.../+LifeWithKids/
> RingoAndWatsonUpdate.rdoc?count=5&asof=2004/12/20
>
> THis was with both IE 6 and Firefox 1, note that the arrows don't
> appear correctly in my IE but are fine in Firefox.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't even think to try it in other browsers,
which was dumb on my part.

This does appear to be a browser issue. The arrows function in
IE/Netscape/Firefox, but not Safari on my Mac.

James Edward Gray II

Jim Freeze

* James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> [2004-12-20 23:32:55 +0900]:

> On Dec 20, 2004, at 5:22 AM, Robert McGovern wrote:
>
> >>http://www.grayproductions.net/cgi-bin/rena...
> >Works fine for me, I've just cycled through all the pages down to
> >articles 61 & 62
> >
> This does appear to be a browser issue. The arrows function in
> IE/Netscape/Firefox, but not Safari on my Mac.

I just tried it with Safari and it works fine.

--
Jim Freeze
Code Red. Code Ruby

James Gray

On Jan 1, 2005, at 10:55 PM, jim@freeze.org wrote:

> * James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> [2004-12-20
> 23:32:55 +0900]:

>>> Works fine for me, I've just cycled through all the pages down to
>>> articles 61 & 62
>>>
>> This does appear to be a browser issue. The arrows function in
>> IE/Netscape/Firefox, but not Safari on my Mac.
>
> I just tried it with Safari and it works fine.

It has started working in Safari for me too, but it didn't for a good
long stretch of time. I've altered the configuration, so there may be
some change that Safari chokes on, though I have no clue what it is.

James Edward Gray II

Jim Freeze

* James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> [2005-01-03 00:53:47 +0900]:

> It has started working in Safari for me too, but it didn't for a good
> long stretch of time. I've altered the configuration, so there may be
> some change that Safari chokes on, though I have no clue what it is.

Have you cvs update'd rublog recently?

--
Jim Freeze
Code Red. Code Ruby

James Gray

On Jan 2, 2005, at 4:39 PM, jim@freeze.org wrote:

> * James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> [2005-01-03
> 00:53:47 +0900]:
>
>> It has started working in Safari for me too, but it didn't for a good
>> long stretch of time. I've altered the configuration, so there may be
>> some change that Safari chokes on, though I have no clue what it is.
>
> Have you cvs update'd rublog recently?

No, I have not. I used the release off of Rubyforge. Is the CVS more
current?

James Edward Gray II

Dave Thomas

On Jan 2, 2005, at 5:36 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> No, I have not. I used the release off of Rubyforge. Is the CVS more
> current?

Safari's my primary browser, and I've never noticed any formatting
issues using it, so I'm guessing that what you're seeing might not be
Rublog related.

Cheers

Dave