Re: Apache2, FastCGI and Rails on Windows

Williams, Chris

12/17/2004 2:26:00 PM

Sarah,

> May be I did something wrong. I have not been able to run fcgi, and
yes,
> I did try your sample script. So, I test using 'irb' if there are
error

> % irb
> LoadError: No such file to load -- fcgi
> from
> c:/apps/ruby/ruby-
> 1.8/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
> `require__'
> from
> c:/apps/ruby/ruby-
> 1.8/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
> `require' from (irb):1
> irb(main):002:0>

I was having troubles with FastCGI earlier (that's what started this
Thread). The sad conclusion to it was that I didn't have the fcgi
library for Ruby installed! Looks like you have the same problem. Look
in the RubyForApache folder that Kent's program produced. Copy
fastcgi.so from RubyForApache\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\i386-msvcrt to
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\i386-msvcrt (or wherever your base ruby
is installed). Also copy fcgi.rb from
RubyForApache\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8 to C:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8

Assuming you also have everything else set up and mod_fastcgi.so in
C:\Program Files\apache Group\Apache2\modules then you should now be
working.

Thanks,
Chris