Re: Apache2, FastCGI and Rails on Windows

Curt Hibbs

12/17/2004 12:50:00 PM

Kent Sibilev tp:

> I'm really sorry about that. I didn't know about your plans. The main
> reason I started this project was that my two colleges are 'hopeless'
> Windows users and they always complained about their inability to run
> our applications on their laptops. But I agree this kind of project
> needs some further development and I would gladly join the forces.

Excellent! We can discuss how to get this rolling off-list.

Curt

> On Dec 16, 2004, at 4:37 PM, Curt Hibbs wrote:
>
> > Darn it, I wanted to keep this quiet for a while, but this is forcing
> > my
> > hand... :-(
> >
> > I've been planning a One-Click Ruby Server as a server-side complement
> > the One-Click Ruby Installer, that would be precisely what you are
> > asking
> > for. I've privately asked Kent to join forces on this (although, that
> > was so
> > recent that he could see this posting first). Don't know if he's
> > interested,
> > but we'll see.
> >
> > In the meantime, if anyone wants to send me suggestions on what they
> > would
> > like to see included, please send me a private email with "One-Click
> > Ruby
> > Server" in the subject (to avoid my spam filters -- send to curt at
> > hibbs
> > dot com.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Curt
> >

> ---

doctor

In article <pdAkm.29821$j7.493299@news.indigo.ie>,
Stephen O'Connell <no.spam@fk.u.com> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <h6tqv6$kf0$1@scotsman.ed.ac.uk>,
>> G Bell <gbell@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> I think up until relatively recently England was used to denote the
>>> whole of Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). So it would be
>>> natural for someone to refer to someone from Great Britain as an
>>> Englishman. Also explains that even today some Americans are
>>> completely bamboozled when you say you are from Wales or Scotland.
>>
>> Americans are still shocked by Asian with British accents.
>
>I'm not American, but I was a bit shocked when I went in to a curry house
>in Glasgow a few years ago and one of the Asian waiters had a broad
>Scottish accent! Obviously I shouldn't really have been surprised, but I
>just wasn't expecting it. He was an out and out Jocko, and just as hard to
>understand as the rest of them!!!

I used to known an Indian Chawla from Glasgow back in the mid 1980s.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!

HardySpicer

On Aug 25, 2:27 am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
> In article <h6tqv6$kf...@scotsman.ed.ac.uk>,
>

> G Bell <gb...@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> >>Yes, it would be fairly common I'd say. And to think, they would get upset
> >>if we considered Canada to be part of the US! :-)
>
> >I think up until relatively recently England was used to denote the
> >whole of Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). So it would be
> >natural for someone to refer to someone from Great Britain as an
> >Englishman. Also explains that even today some Americans are completely
> >bamboozled when you say you are from Wales or Scotland.
>
> >Graham
>
> Americans are still shocked by Asian with British accents.
> --
> Member - Liberal International  This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
> Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
> Never Satan President Republic!
> The fool says in his heart, "There is no God". They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good. - Ps 53:1

They haven't got over their House TV doctor Hugh Laurie haveing an
English accent!

doctor

In article <179b22a5-c8ce-4e80-8ac4-ab61701d3b16@s13g2000yql.googlegroups.com>,
HardySpicer <gyansorova@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Aug 25, 2:27=A0am, doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
>> In article <h6tqv6$kf...@scotsman.ed.ac.uk>,
>>

>> G Bell <gb...@holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>set
>>
>> >I think up until relatively recently England was used to denote the
>> >whole of Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). So it would be
>> >natural for someone to refer to someone from Great Britain as an
>> >Englishman. Also explains that even today some Americans are completely
>> >bamboozled when you say you are from Wales or Scotland.
>>
>> >Graham
>>
>> Americans are still shocked by Asian with British accents.
>> --
>> Member - Liberal International =A0This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
>> Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
>> Never Satan President Republic!
>> The fool says in his heart, "There is no God". They are corrupt, and thei=
>r ways are vile; there is no one who does good. - Ps 53:1
>
>They haven't got over their House TV doctor Hugh Laurie haveing an
>English accent!

<VBG>
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Never Satan President Republic!
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God". They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good. - Ps 53:1

Jane Margaret Laight

On Aug 24, 6:06 pm, Akins of that Ilk <stevenak...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:
> On Aug 24, 11:12 am, Fred J. McCall <fjmcc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > S Viemeister <firstn...@lastname.oc.ku> wrote:
> > :The Doctor wrote:
>
> > :>
> > :> Americans are still shocked by Asian with British accents.
> > :>
> > :
> > :Works the other way, too.  My daughter had a classmate whose family came
> > :from China, but the girl was born and raised in the US - her American
> > :accent surprised a lot of people she met while she was staying with us
> > :in Sutherland.
> > :
>
> > Not at all unusual in Texas to run across Japanese families who speak
> > English with a Texas drawl.
>
> Caught on tape:http://www.hulu.com/watch/16472/king-of-the-hill-ka...

try this commercial:

http://mixedraceamerica.blogspot.com/2009/06/another-entry-from-land-of-bi...

Adam Whyte-Settlar

"S Viemeister" <firstname@lastname.oc.ku> wrote in message
> The Doctor wrote:
>>
>> Americans are still shocked by Asian with British accents.
>
> Works the other way, too. My daughter had a classmate whose family came
> from China, but the girl was born and raised in the US - her American
> accent surprised a lot of people she met while she was staying with us in
> Sutherland.

I remember this black guy from Wandsworth having a real hassle at the
Ceuta/Morrocan border in the early 70's - they were convinced he must have
forged his British passport.