debugging Instiki

Xiangrong Fang

12/17/2004 8:59:00 AM

Hi there,

I recently ran into Instiki and immediately decided to use it both
personally and in company.

I had found some bugs in it which I tried to fix it by myself but miserably
failed. Here is my questions hope can get help from our active ruby lovers:

1) How do I debug a "MVC" style system program such as instiki? I tried to
print out some variable's value when the system is running, but I can't use
"puts", what should I do? Is ther a debug method that output text directly
to webpage, or to some log files?

2) where is the most active place for discussing Instiki related
problems/suggestions? I posted some text on instiki.org, but seems on one is
following...

Thanks in advance!

Shannon

1 Answer

Bill Atkins

You can absolutely use puts. Start up Instiki in simple-server mode
(e.g. "ruby instiki.rb -s"). Instead of becoming a background
process, Instiki will remain attached to the terminal, so anything you
output with puts will show up there.

Bill

--
$stdout.sync = true
"Just another Ruby hacker.".each_byte do |b|